I’ve been doing a lot of reading, (ok, my books are audio, so I’ve been doing a lot of “listening”) about NLP and I’m fascinated.
NLP is an acronym that stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming. It is grounded in the theory that people unconsciously involve most of the 5 senses (seeing pictures, hearing sounds, remembering feelings, smells, and tastes). By using NLP techniques, we can literally change the way we perceive things and therefore change the way we feel and ultimately act.
Some examples of things NLP coaches can help with:
· Overcome limiting beliefs that keep us from living authentically and reaching our goals.
· Break bad & self-destructive habits; Implement empowering & productive habits and routines.
· Improve communication skills
· Develop a higher Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
The technique that intrigued me the most is called Association and Dissociation. This is a powerful method to help:
· Decrease negative emotions; dissolve feeling associated with the past.
· Increase positive emotions; boost happiness and confidence.
· Check out this article I wrote to find out how it works: “Get Unstuck with Association and Disassociation” I’d love to hear your thoughts!